Sibikwa Arts Centre is looking for enthusiastic and dedicated artists in Gauteng, to train and participate in its 2023/2024 Artists in Schools programme.
Artists in all creative forms (music, dance, drama and visual arts) are encouraged to apply.
Funded by the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture, Sibikwa has been running the Artists in Schools programme in Gauteng, for the past 9 years. The programme focuses on enhancing the teaching of the Creative Arts curriculum for Grades 4 – 9.
As part of the programme:
- Artists are provided CATHSSETA accredited training in facilitating learning in arts and culture modules and programmes (unit standard: 1158487), focusing on creative strategies for planning and reflection, and techniques for facilitating and documenting the experience of implementing the CAPS curriculum in schools.
- Artists are assigned to a school, to work with the Creative Arts teacher and learners, for 21 weeks, under the supervision of a CATHSSETA registered quality assurer.
- All the teaching facilitated by the Artists in Residence will culminate in a performing arts festival and visual arts exhibition at Sibikwa Arts Centre, giving the learners an opportunity to present the work that they have done during the programme.
Interested applicants must:
- Display a commitment to socially engaged creative practice
- Be open to work in all creative forms: Drama, Music, Dance, and Visual Arts
- Have two or three years teaching experience in the arts
Selected candidates must be available to:
- Attend an induction meeting at Sibikwa Arts Centre (date to be confirmed)
- Be in a position to complete a 3-week facilitation course at Sibikwa Arts Centre.
- Work 6.5 hours per week at a public school from August 2023 until mid-March 2024
- Attend meetings and additional training workshops, possibly during school holidays, at Sibikwa Arts Centre.
If you are interested in being a part of the programme, please fill in the application form. https://forms.gle/Fo9ZAJR7WdJHqMXG8
Should you require any further information or assistance with your application, please contact Sipho Michael Mabena at email@example.com or call 011 422 4359/send a WhatsApp to 0663996012 for any inquiries.
Applications close on Friday 14 July 2023. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Interviews will be conducted at Sibikwa Arts Centre from 18-20 July 2023.