This policy applies to all visitors to Sibikwa Arts Centre.
PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
Sibikwa respects your privacy and takes the protection of personal information very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the way Sibikwa collects, stores, uses and protects information that can be associated with a specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify that person (“personal information”). This refers to information collected when registering for training programs, shows or events as well as information that you voluntarily provide to Sibikwa.
TERMS OF ACCEPTANCE
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you register for any of our programs, events or shows. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not register for any of our products or services. By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all its terms.
We may amend the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice on the website. If you do not agree with the amendments, you may stop visiting our website. If you continue to visit our website, following notification of amendments to our terms, the amended terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with personal information. This personal information will include:
- Name, surname, company name, company registration number
- Postal address, email address, telephone number
- Unique user ID, password
- Uploaded documents
We automatically receive and record Internet usage information on our hosting company’s server logs from your browser, such as your internet protocol address (“IP Address”), browsing habits, language settings, cookie preferences, search engine keywords, browsing information history.
CONSENT TO COLLECTION
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
- In accordance with applicable law; and
- At the time you provide us with any registration information and optional information
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
We may use your information to:
- To keep your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website
- To monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed
- To track your visits and other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
When you access our website we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer to collect certain usage information.
We use session cookies (which disappear after you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which remain after you close your browser which can be removed manually) and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our website. We use information gathered by cookies to improve the website.
We may share your personal information with:
- Our service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order
- to comply with any law
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public
- to prevent violation of our terms of service
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may disclose aggregate statistics about the personal information to Funders, Donors and Business Partners
- We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We protect your personal information using computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to protect personal information
- We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities
RETAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes intended for.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of any third party websites.